Wool and its Great Qualities
We are happy using wool as it has many admirable properties. As well as feeling sumptuous it offering a tremendous palette to work with.
It is totally naural and bio-degradable, which is a tremendous quality in this day and age. Furthermore, it is breathable, renewable, and safe.
- Natural: Wool is one hundred percent natural, not man-made. Since the Stone Age, it has been appreciated as one of the most effective forms of all-weather protection, and science is yet to produce a fibre which matches its unique properties.
- Renewable: As long as there is grass to graze on, sheep will produce a new fleece; making wool a renewable fibre source. Woolgrowers actively work to safeguard the environment and improve efficiency, making the wool industry sustainable for future generations.
- Biodegradable: At the end of its useful life, wool can be returned to the soil, where it decomposes, releasing valuable nutrients into the ground. It takes a very short time to break down in the soil.
- Natural Insulator: Wool is a natural insulator. Used in the home, wool insulation helps to reduce energy costs, thus reducing carbon emissions.
- Breathable: Wool fibres are crimped, and when tightly packed together, form millions of tiny pockets of air.
- Resilient and Elastic: Wool fibres resist tearing and can be bent back on themselves many times without breaking. Wool therefore maintains its appearance in the longer term, adding value to the product and its lifespan.
- Easy Care: The protective waxy coating on wool fibres makes wool products resistant to staining and they also pick up less dust as wool is naturally anti-static.
- A Safe Solution: Wool is naturally safe. It is not known to cause allergies and is naturally flame-retardant.
For more information go to http://www.campaignforwool.org